Talking Points: The Republicans' Playbook
"Republicans have rigged the system for years. Democrats are finally fighting back" is the title of an opinion piece in the Washington Post on Feb 6 2018.
Here's the summary...
- Gerrymander to the point of violating state constitutions.
- Then try to impeach the judges who strike down their gerrymandering.
- Promote voter suppression.
- Put partisan labeling on nonpartisan elections, especially for judgeships.
- Limit labor unions ability to organize.
- Turn nonpartisan election boards into partisan entities controlled by Republicans.
- Change campaign finance laws to allow big money influence.
- Pass state house bills to take power away from a new Democratic governor.
Read the entire Washington Post article here.
Do you like this post?